Fillers / Volumisers
What are Fillers/ Volumisers and how do they work?
An ideal filler is a biologically inert substance that provides volume or fills the space where ever injected and holds the shape or structure to achieve desirable results. The safest and most popular one is made of HYALURONIC acid.
Different companies have them in different concentration and crosslinking. Some just hydrate, some fill in and some lift.
Dr Rashmi Shetty chooses the filler best suited for you, depending on your aesthetic need and the plane of injection and the concern that needs to be addressed.
Popular ones are JUVIDERM, ULTRA PLUS, VOLUMA, RESTYLANE,BOLETERO, etc. There are others categories like Radiesse, Sculptra etc – that are popular in some countries for specific indications. However, the most versatile and safest is hyaluronic acid.
What is the procedure like?
Assessment is the key. Like in most injectables once Dr. Shetty does the initial consultation and decides how she is going to work and what is the choice of the filler, a cost estimate is given. Post approval of the same our team will clean the area to be treated and apply the anaesthetic.
Dr. Shetty then personally administers the skin treatment by injecting the filler with the finest needle. She is most appreciated for her gentle hand and no down time execution.
When do I see the results?
This is the closest one can get to magic in aesthetic science. The result is instant.
What can fillers do for me?
- Change the shape of your face
- Bring back the youthful contours and fullness
- Enhance the lip, chin, cheek
- Sharpen the jawline & give it definition
- Elevate your nose, fill in a depressed bridge, smoothen the hump etc
- Elevate your brow
- Take care of your acne scars
- Give a healthier face when you have lost extreme weight
- Provide hand, neck and décolletage rejuvenation
If all you need is hydration and healthy-looking skin on your face while you are losing weight or want to maintain your waistline as you age – the best way to keep your face healthy and youthful is with fillers.
Dr. Shetty has a sharp eye for noticing subtle features and a skill for correcting or enhancing in order to make you look your most beautiful, yet natural. Her special interest has been injectables and she is best known for the same.
How long do the results last?
Depending on the material used, 6 months to 2 years.
What can go wrong?
Fillers specially when not done right can give you a very unnatural result. Severe complications like blindness, necrosis etc are reported Please talk to your injecting doctor and understand all this before you sign up for the procedure.
What do I need to know before a Filler treatment?
Please do let us know if you are on any blood thinners, or diagnosed with any autoimmune ailment or infection at the site of the proposed treatment or dental work done during the period between your consultation and the day of your procedure. Also it is best to disclose to your present doctor if any procedure , specially fillers have been done previously on your face .
What are the Post Treatment care and instruction that I need to know?
- Do not lie down in a way that you compress your face in any direction for 24 hours.
- Do not vigorously massage the treated area for 24 hours.
- Avoid workouts, swimming, active sports, excessive sun or heat exposure for 24 hours.
- Avoid bleach/makeup applicators like sponge and brush for the next 12 hours as it may cause burning sensation at the points of the needle prick.
- If you have been injected around the lips, please refrain from applying pressure on the area or kissing for 24 hours.
- In case of any bump, rash or any other observations after the procedure has been done, please inform the facility immediately, so as to enable timely intervention.
- Application of any medicated creams on the skin to be done only 48 hours after treatment, unless otherwise advised by the doctor.
- Do not ignore any of bluish/ blackish discolouration ,if any, thinking it could be just a bruise. Let us decide. Please inform us immediately. Also let us know if you get boils or pustules on the injected area or anywhere on the face post injection.