Micro Needling and Micro Needling with radio frequency
What Is Micro Needling And How Does It Work?
Micro needling involves causing multiple small injuries to the skin using needles on a hand held roller, called Derma Roller, or by using a more sophisticated automated equipment.
This treatment can also be conducted in combination with radio frequency. At our clinic, we use Scarlet as the device.
What Is The Procedure Like?
The procedure is as follows:
-A numbing cream is applied after cleaning the skin.
-The needles are then rolled or stamped on the skin
-Post that, the area is cleansed again or actives are applied.
You may experience a slight redness or swelling on your skin for a couple of days. But it will fade away.
What Can I Get Out Of This?
Micro needling offers the following benefits:
- It improves the texture of your skin and smoothens it.
- It works great on acne scars, especially the pitted ones.
- It stimulates collagen and is an economical yet effective anti-aging treatment that tightens skin and reduces facial lines and open pores.
- It works well for oily, acne prone skin and stretch marks when combined with radio frequency .
What Are The Post Treatment Care And Instruction That I Need To Know?
- Make sure you wash your skin and keep it clean.
- Ensure the pillowcase you use is fresh and clean.
- Avoid dust and pets near your skin.
- Two days after the treatment, use plenty of moisturiser and a simple sunscreen
- Make up is ok but use only your fingertips for the application.
- Please avoid creams like anti acne or anti-ageing for the next 2 days and nights.
- You may experience a slight redness and possibly minimal swelling due to sensitivity to the procedure. It should resolve by itself and fade away within minutes to hours after the treatment. Please do not pick on your skin.