What is PRP for skin/ Vampire facial and hair and how does it work?
PRP is an abbreviation for Platelet Rich Plasma. Platelets are rich in growth factors, thus stimulating the tissue that it is injected into.
We use only FDA approved test tubes and ingredients.
Dr. Rashmi Shetty believes in giving you the best. She adds her own mixes to the plasma to give your skin the most healthy even toned glow and give your hair the nourishment and boost to grow better.
What is the procedure like?
Your blood is drawn, fed into a sealed test tube, centrifuged in-house and the separated plasma is mixed with actives. This is then injected into the layers of your skin on your face, body or scalp.
Dr Rashmi personally injects the area of treatment since injecting it to the right layer and depth is most crucial.
How long do the results last?
Depending on the number of sittings and frequency of treatment which will be decided by Dr Rashmi Shetty at consultation (and maybe altered as the treatment progresses), results may last up to a year.
What can I hope to get out of this treatment?
- Skin hydration
- Soft and nourished skin
- Reduction in fine lines
- Improved collagen
- Restoration of youthful skin
- Reduction of under eye fine lines and darkness
- Hair fall reduction
- Healthier individual strands of hair
- Regrowth of hair on the scalp when combined with appropriate medicines .
What can go wrong?
You may experience slight bruising temporarily and some redness or uneven skin. It should take a couple of hours to settle down. The bruise will take a week to fully fade away.
What are the Post Treatment care and instruction that I need to know after PRP for hair or skin on the face , neck or any other body parts .
- PRP for hair involves tiny injections all over which create multiple small injuries to the scalp and skin, so please treat it as such .
- Do not take a shower or undertake any activity that might cause you to perspire for at least 8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not sunbathe for at least 2 days after the treatment.
- Do not undergo any other hair treatment or skin treatment for a week after a meso or PRP hair treatment.
- Avoid washing your hair or applying any type of hair product for at least 12 hours after the treatment. Do not apply any skin care products with out checking with Dr Rashmi.