Pre-Bridal Tips for a Glowing Skin
Your wedding day is a big day, and you want to look your best. You desire to shine from head to toe and glow from within. This needs a lot of consistency, hard work and preparation. However, not every bride gets the luxury of time. Here is what you could do depending on the time that you have in hand and the region you are in.
One week before the wedding
– Do not start anything new at home if you have not done it before. Sometimes things can go wrong, and you don’t want last-minute mishaps as there is no time for recovery.
– Make sure you indulge in only the mildest peels or microdermabrasion and Medi-Facials.
– Q switched Nd: YAG laser is a safe option if you opt for lasers.
– Opt for regular, full-body hydration, exfoliation, dermabrasion, and peels, and make sure you do not ignore the basics of sunscreen and moisturizer application.
Dr Rashmi Shetty says, “ Yes, Botox works brilliantly for acne. Especially acne along the jawline.”
Your SOS kit for the big day
– Calendula or Caladryl mixed with very mild steroid application—keep this as an emergency pack in case of a breakout or a rash.
– Since you’re going to have make-up on for long hours, always keep a hydrating mist with you. It will help you look refreshed.
– Keep a derma-shield ointment or petroleum jelly if you’re allergic to metal or any fabric or if jewelry doesn’t suit your skin.
What is the latest?
You have one week left for the big day, and you need that intense hydration?
“If you have only one day to spend with me, then the plan of action goes like this,” explains Dr. Rashmi Shetty.
Peel: We first apply an appropriate peel for you, depending on whether you need hydration, brightness, or a glow. Dr Rashmi Shetty explains, “ I choose the right acids, mix them up and start you off on a peel.”
Facial: Next, we do the right facial depending on your skin type. It also includes deep cleaning of your pores that leaves your skin glowing and hydrated.
Laser: We then follow this up by a laser to even your skin tone and reduce the color intensity of the fine hair on your face. Subsequently, the face looks even-toned, under-eye lightens, and lips become a shade lighter. The procedure works well for your make-up artist to work on your face subsequently.
Skin Tightening: If you have thin skin that is dry and has fine lines, I do skin tightening treatment. Even if you are young, this treatment gives you a well-defined jawline that looks great in pictures.
Sygmalift: At Ra Skin & Aesthetics we use Swiss equipment called Sygmalift that works wonders on your skin. You get to see the results the very next day. The best part is that it lasts for 15 days. With just one sitting, it makes your jawline look sharper and your cheeks look chiseled.
Profhilo: If your skin looks dehydrated, we consider doing a Profhilo; an injection administered under your skin. It does not change the shape of your face and there will be no last-minute surprises. You get a nice healthy glowing skin because hyaluronic acid is injected just beneath the skin.
Lip Fillers: If you are a bold bride, and wish to push the envelope, then a little bit of lip filler gives you a glam look. Yes, when done right, lip fillers do magic to the look.
Dr Shetty is frequently invited as a faculty at several dermatology and plastic surgery society meetings including the American Association of Dermatology, Australian Association of Dermatology, Thai Derm Society & IADVL among others. Dr Shetty is also an international trainer for facial injectables like Botox and fillers with industry leaders like Allergan, Merz and Galderma. She has trained doctors across the world. She has been an integral part of the advisory board of many skin and hair care MNCs globally namely, Unilever for Pond’s, Vaseline and Lakme, Procter & Gamble for Gillette, Marico for Parachute’s haircare range, & Bio-Oil.
Credit: Audio notes provided by Dr Rashmi Shetty
Dr Rashmi Shetty, a specialist dermatologist, is an international speaker, teacher, and author with over 18 years of aesthetic and clinical dermatology experience.
For more such tips and information from Dr Rashmi Shetty, follow her on
You can also call on 09833055236 to book an appointment
If you have any questions or clarifications after reading this article, please comment.