Your Ultimate Guide to Get Rid of Dry Skin
What Causes Severely Dry Skin?
Dry skin can be attributed mainly to genetics, environmental factors, lifestyle, diet, hormonal changes, and climate. Limiting alcohol and caffeine can make a difference.
Severe dry skin is caused when the skin produces very little sebum. Factors that can lead to a decrease in sebum production may range from genetics to hormonal changes.
Dr Rashmi Shetty gives us some valuable insights into the causes of severely dry skin.
· Environmental factors
“Environment factors can play a crucial role in how your skin looks and feels,” says Dr Rashmi Shetty.
If you live in extremely cold or arid climates, there is less natural moisture for your skin.
It can lead to skin drying out quickly. Moisture-rich creams are necessary to keep essential moisture in the skin from escaping.
The sun also plays a significant role in causing dry skin. Exposure to UV rays causes the skin’s top layers to lose moisture. Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before going outside.
“UV rays can cause severe damage to your skin if you don’t take the right precautions. The damage done to skin cells can cause dryness and uneven skin colour,” says Dr Shetty.
Every individual’s genetic structure is different. You might have heard of atopic eczema. It is seen in infants in the first few months of birth. If one or both parents have this condition, the likelihood of childhood eczema is two to three times higher.
Eczema is a skin condition that causes dry and itchy patches of skin.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin condition that makes skin cells replicate more quickly than usual. The affected skin appears red with silvery scales.
Diabetes is an autoimmune disease that affects the body’s ability to produce insulin naturally. When dealing with diabetes, it is vital to take care of the skin. Hands and feet become very dry, and hence it is necessary to make sure that you stay well-hydrated.
“A lot of people with diabetes also tend to develop dark patches of itchy skin on the back of their necks or armpits. It is usually an indicator that you have too much insulin in your blood,” says Dr Shetty.
It’s also possible that severely dry skin is a side effect of some medication.
“If you have noticed any sudden and noticeable changes in your skin following a new medication, immediately consult your doctor,” says Dr Shetty.
Harsh chemical detergents to clean your clothes can leave skin feeling irritated, itchy and dried out.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, use only fragrance-free soaps and detergents to reduce dryness and irritation.
Deodorants might aggravate sensitive underarms too.
Could that dry skin be something more serious? (A hidden medical condition?)
Dry skin should not be neglected as it can be a sign of a skin condition that needs treatment. It would be best if you got yourself examined to know the root cause and treat it effectively.
Feel Beautiful Now : https://www.drrashmishetty.com/mumbai/
Dr Rashmi Shetty’s Recommendations to Replenish Your Skin
If you have dry skin, your daily skincare regime could start with a mist on clean skin. A hydrating serum can come next. Lock the goodness with a rich moisturizer and finally top it off with sunscreen during the day.
I would recommend less layering. You may start with a right, non-alcoholic toner. Use a light moisturizer and finish it with a gel sunscreen.
The right delivery medium
> Serums and gels go first.
> Creams and lotions go next.
> Oils, silicones, and petroleum jellies go on top.
Because once you apply these, nothing else ever penetrates.
Special Care for You At The Ra Clinic
Dr Rashmi Shetty believes in awakening every cell to replenish, revive and rejuvenate your skin.
Dr Shetty shares a quick snapshot into the special treatment mode at Ra skincare clinic.
- The most crucial tip for Hydration: Dr Rashmi Shetty insists on choosing the right face wash and the suitable night cream. The skincare prescription holds a lot of weight in how your skin will revive. Dr Shetty conducts a detailed examination and provides you with the right skincare regime that is just right for your skin.
- Supplemental skincare regime: Hydrate anagen builds protein. It has all the nutrients required to make your skin look hydrated and plump. It helps rebuild and nourish your skin and muscle fibre.
Get it here- https://www.solskincorp.com/
- Primrose oil– Specifically for those who suffer from dehydrated skin, premenstrual or premenopausal symptoms, PCOS, irregular hormones or for anyone who wants to improve their skin health.
Get it here: https://www.solskincorp.com/
- Detailed examination– At Ra Clinic, we get to the root cause of your condition. We might have to check your complete nutritional panel and your thyroid. Depending on your clinical diagnosis, Dr.Shetty may recommend further tests.
Book a consultation- https://www.drrashmishetty.com/mumbai/
Ra Clinic’s Special hydrating peels.
Do you think that peels dry up skin? Ra Clinic can provide you with hydrating peels followed by highly rejuvenating hydrating facials.
Pollogen facial is one of the most popular facials at Ra Clinic.
This can be followed up with oxygen therapy in which we jet in special hydrating substances through a hyperbaric oxygen jet.
(link to facial page)
Power Injectables at Ra
- Mesotherapy: Hydrating injectables. Experience brighter, smoother and plumper skin.
- RestylaneSkin boosters: One of the most innovative technique to increase the plumpness and hydration of the skin.
- Profhilo: Popularly known as the Holy Grail of skincare. Most advanced and latest injectable. Revives the skin’s ability to hold the moisture. Dr Shetty is exceptionally excited about this because it not only hydrates your skin but stimulates your collagen too! It is bio stimulatory in its effect. It helps your skin get youthful and hold the water on its own.
Curious to know more?
Contact us Now!: https://www.drrashmishetty.com/mumbai/
Other hydrating procedures that can help you
- Chemical peels and mechanical exfoliation: This gentle exfoliation of the top layer of dead skin results in better penetration of the moisturizers you put on your skin.
- Hydrating facial:You can see instant plumpness in your dry skin with this beautiful facial designed for dry skin.
- Illuminating facial: Get a beautiful moisturized glow on your face and say goodbye to dry dullness with this facial.
- Hydra facial:The perfect facial for combination skin to give it just the right amount of clean up and nourishment at the same time.
- The skin nourishment program: Every skin type needs the right nutrients to maintain its healthy glow. Our skin nourishment program is life-transforming in this regard.
Get it Now: https://www.drrashmishetty.com/mumbai/
For more such tips and information from Dr Rashmi Shetty follow her on
If you have any questions or clarifications after reading this article, please send a DM to Dr Rashmi Shetty.