The causes of these tend to be:
- Familial occurrence (appear to have larger parameters implying that it has nothing to do with your lifestyle)
- Atopic conditions
- Erratic lifestyle
- Iron deficiency
- Structural contributors like deep set eyes, or fat regressing due to age (the result of this is that the eyes look tired and dull)
The way to treat these can be through:
- Correcting dietary deficiencies
- Recommending the correct creams and homecare
In harsher cases:
- PRP (platelet rich plasma)
- Micro needling
- Radio frequency
How do we at Ra help you to overcome this?
I am aware of the fact that there is a host of information available on the internet on all these latest technologies. Patients often come to me saying things like “Doc I read about so and so treatment for under eyes, can you do it for me?” I would like to say that it is important for you to understand that that all these technologies work differently and there is no “latest and best solution” to any condition. It is therefore important to go a doctor who has enough experience to be able to judge what would be the best suited tool, given the state of the person’s skin condition.