5 Simple Habits to Achieve Healthy, Glowing Skin
Believe it or not, skincare is not rocket science. One does not have to spend thousands on fancy skincare products to achieve that healthy glow. Here are some simple habits you can adapt to see your skin transform for good.
Keep that scalp clean!
Your scalp has a lot to do with the health of your skin. When left unclean, it can cause a variety of skin ailments like –
• Forehead acne
• Acne on your shoulders and butt
• Seborrheic Dermatitis
• Irritated, inflamed skin.
Dr. Rashmi Shetty recommends using a gentle shampoo to clean your hair every other day. This helps your skin in 3 different ways –
• Keeps the flourishing microbiome on your scalp in check
• Gently exfoliates off the layer of dead skin cells
• Gets rid of accumulated dirt, excess sebum and sweat.
In clinic care: At Ra Skin and Aesthetics, there are a wide range of chemical peels which exfoliate your scalp beautifully by removing the top layer of sticky, oily dead skin and stubborn dandruff. This not only helps you achieve better skin but also invigorates your scalp and hair.
Wash your face
You NEED to wash your face twice daily. Once in the morning to wash off the skincare, you applied the night before. You also secrete a great deal of sebum and sweat throughout the night, which needs to be taken off your skin. Then, you wash you face at night to get rid of all the dirt, grime and germ which has settled on your skin throughout the day. Even if you are staying at home, you need to follow this routine religiously. Remember, no matter how clean your home is, it still has germs and dirt suspended in the air. Moreover, it would be best if you wash your face to get rid of the skin secretions like sebum and sweat.
In clinic care: Washing your face twice a day is absolutely non-negotiable. However, even thorough cleansing everyday cannot get rid of clogged pores and the top dead cell layer. This is when mild peels at our clinic come to play. It again exfoliates your skin off the dead skin cells which reduce clogged pores and acne dramatically. And it also aids in better penetration of skincare products.
Take care of your pillowcases
You drool and sweat throughout the night onto your pillowcase. There are oils and germs from your scalp and face that gets transferred onto the pillowcase. On top of that, a generous fraction of the skincare you lather before going to bed also seeps into the pillow. Thus, turning it into a hotbed for germs to grow and finally, invade your skin. So, you must keep changing your dirty pillowcases with fresh once after every second or third day.
You may also invest in a silk pillowcase. The smooth texture of the fabric makes it resistant to absorbing moisture from your skin. It also means that it won’t be absorbing all the skincare you apply on your face before bedtime.
The power of homemade masks
Now that saloons are not as accessible as they use to be, you truly appreciate the efficiency of some kitchen ingredients to enhance the beauty of your skin.
- Dry skin: Use a thin layer of pure, raw honey on your face like a mask. Use your damp fingers to lightly massage it into your skin before washing it off with water.
- Oily skin: Mix some lemon juice with yogurt and spread an even layer of the concoction on your face. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Then massage and wash it off.
- Blemished skin: Mix sandalwood powder with water or yogurt and apply it on your skin. Wash off once it dries
- In clinic care: At Ra Skin and Aesthetics, Hydra facial not only takes care of dehydrated, dull skin but also offers deep pore cleansing.
The road to beautiful skin starts from your gut. Maintain a very healthy diet rich in whole foods and fresh local vegetables and fruits.
Cut down refined white sugar completely out of your diet.
It is also advisable to avoid dairy products as it can be quite inflammatory in nature. However, if you want to have your glass of milk then, make sure it is full cream milk and not skimmed milk.
To get a thorough idea of how good nutrition can totally transform your skin and body, look up our newly launched skin nutrition program on our Instagram handle @drrashmishetty.
Sometimes your body is unable to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat, and this is when the assistance of quality supplements come to play. Dr. Rashmi Shetty highly recommends and trusts Ra’s line of supplements.
You can get these from www.solskincorp.com. You must try –
- Ra Vitamin C+ to get your daily dose of vitamin C, which is essential for building collagen and maintain the bright youthfulness of your skin.
- Ra Defence tablet is the anti-inflammatory potion your body needs. Inflammation is the leading and often the only cause for almost every disease and ailment.
- Ra Skin Hydrate tablet is the perfect solution is you are suffering from dry, dull skin and want to address the cause from its very root.
Your skin is an overall reflection of your inner physical and mental health. So, keeping your insides healthy will automatically result in healthy glowing skin. And, if you would like to hear the best tips and tricks from the mouth of one of the leading celebrity dermatologists in India herself, then, follow
Dr. Rashmi Shetty’s Instagram handle @drrashmishetty.